We had the pleasure of creating a beautiful range of wedding stationary for the lovely couple, Tina and Bruno as they were married in Provence, France.
Tina commissioned a fab range and we always love seeing pics of our designs used on the day, including one of our super-bespoke Cute Paths, signed by guests that the happy couple can take home to remember the day! How fun!
Have a read of Tina’s memories of their Wedding day and advice for other brides-to-be!
Names: Tina & Bruno
Wedding Date: 10 September 2016
The Venue: Le Mas De La Rose, Provence, France
The vision for the day:
- Intimate day, just with our very best friends and immediate family. We kept our numbers down to 70 guests.
- Bring the best of British and French cultures to make things a bit different for everyone, for example by mixing languages in our readings at the church, speeches and music selections.
- Provence wedding – it had been our dream for many years to get married in the South of France. We fell in love with our venue many years before, while visiting the region.
- Amazing setting, amazing food, great wine – we chose a venue that had their own restaurant – with fresh fruits and vegetables fresh from the garden and local products.
The Planning Process:
- Pinterest wedding board to gather ideas was pretty key.
- Plotted decisions and kept to a rough timeline.
- Visited region twice for church preparations and to meet local suppliers.
- Gave many people roles in advance (helping with signage and decor on the day) – family and friends played a role in our day.
- Took 12 months from start to finish.
The Dress and Accessories:
Dress: Delphine Manivet
Shoes: Sergio Rossi
Headband: Les cerises de mars
Suit and waistcoat: tailored by Faubourg Saint Sulpice
The Details and Decor:
Theme Casual Chic – touches of bunting, decorated trees with paper flowers, fresh flowers
The Flowers: pink roses and olive leaves
Music and First Dance: A Rhumba to Let’s Marvin Gaye and Get in On – Charlie Puth featuring Meghan Trainor
Entertainment and activities:
Pâte à Swing, Avignon.
Giant wooden garden games and vintage photo booth provided lots of fun throughout the day
Starter : Tartare of cooked and raw vegetables with smoked salmon “macedonia“ way, roasted prawns, fresh herb emulsified vinaigrette
Main Course : Veal with potatoes, homemade olive oil, mushrooms, vegetables from the garden
The Cake: Macaron Tower – cut to Let There Be Love, by Nat King Cole, along with sparklers for guests.
Stationary: Cute Maps.
Cute Path – timeline of the story of our first years – that our guests were able to sign
Table plan themed in the style of our invites. Table names represented the 8 cities we visited while dating.
Your Photographer: Artaïs Studio
The Honeymoon: Tullum, Mexico – Jan 2017
Memorable Moments: Driving back from the church in our 1960s Fiat 500
The Best Man’s speech: the Sketch Show meets Euro Trash – portraying the life of the groom and all the English influences that led him to eventually marry an English woman.
Advice for Other Couples: You can’t plan the best moments but if you fill you day with the people you love dearly then it will be magical. Be prepared to make lots of decisions, it’s very hard in reality to make things simple.
The venue: Le Mas De La Rose www.mas-rose.com/fr/hotel-luxe-provence
The car: Fiat 500 Classic www.mariage-en-500.com
Photography: The talented team at www.artais.com
The videographer: Les Films Super vimeo.com/nicolasgodtschalck