After naturally being excited to receive a wedding invitation, many parents second thought will be the subject of if they can bring the kids. We’ve found some top ways to keeping the little angels entertained.
- A simple and cost-effective way to keep the younger ones busy is to have a children’s table stocked full of paper, crayons, pencils, pens and colouring books. To accompany the little artists, you could also have sweet and chocolate bowls on the table for them to snack on while they make their masterpieces! Download some wedding related colouring-in sheets here, https://www.theknot.com/content/printable-wedding-activities-for-kids
- A top way to entertain all ages and keep children focused for hours is a Lego centrepiece.
- To wind the children down in the evening a movie room is the perfect idea. Set the room up with comfy pillows, blankets, bean bags and maybe even some popcorn.
- A professional entertainer could be considered if the budget allows for it – clowns, magicians, princesses and balloon makers can keep an eye on the kids whilst parents can relax and enjoy their evening.
- If your venue has lots of outdoor space or extra rooms garden games are always a hit like splat the rat, giant Jenga and giant Connect Four and a treasure hunt can be fantastic way to keep the children active and bonding with others. The hidden surprises can be simple things like chocolate coins and toys. You can purchase scavenger hunt printables here https://lovelyplanner.com/wedding-scavenger-hunt-free-printable/
- Table football, arcade games and video games can be great for those older aged children and the young adults. These can be hired or take a look on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree where you may be lucky to land one at a small price, that you can re vamp to Brides Vs Grooms as our featured picture above.
- Bouncy castles can be a great addition to any wedding with an outside venue, just try to keep the drunk adults as far away from it as possible! You can purchase one here, https://www.ajluk.com/bouncy-castles-for-sale/wedding-inflatables
- A popular trend at the moment is including furry animals at the wedding. It could range from having a petting zoo to lovable alpacas. This keeps the children entertained and probably most of the adults too.
- When its time for desert invite the children and adults to a smore station. This is a great opportunity for the children and adults to mix and get to know one another. Nothing brings people together more than chocolate does!
- Ice cream probably comes a close second to chocolate, so why not accompany the smore station with an ice cream one. Here children can pick their favourite flavours and toppings and can always go back for more.
Here are just a few ideas for keeping children entertained at weddings. Everything depends on budget, but even if the cost is low DIY and simple activities can be just as much fun as an entertainer or bouncy castles!